Biosafety cabinet (BSC)
The operation cabinet with air flow control and high efficiency air filtration device can effectively reduce the harm to operators and the environment caused by pathogenic microorganisms or harmful aerosols generated during biological experiments.
According to the object and degree of protection, biosafety cabinets are divided into three levels:
Class I biosafety cabinet only protects people and the environment, not objects;
Class II safety cabinet not only protects personnel and environment, but also protects objects on the worktable from pollution;
Level III safety cabinet is closed, and personnel operate in the cabinet through gloves to provide the highest protection for personnel.
Preparations before use 1. Before the experiment, place all necessary items in the BSC to minimize the number of times that arms enter and exit the front opening and reduce the degree of damage to the air curtain barrier of the BSC. 2. Before starting work, adjust the height of the chair so that the operator's face is above the BSC front door. Put your hands and arms into the BSC and wait for about 1min. After the BSC is adjusted, you can start to handle the articles. 3. The air inlet grille shall not be blocked by towels, research record books, discarded plastic wrappers, pipettes, etc. 4. All operations shall be carried out on the working surface 4 inches from the front grille.
Purification before and after work
1. Before and after the work is started, the BSC shall be allowed to work for at least 4 minutes to complete the "purification" process, and the time for discharging the polluted air from the BSC shall be reserved.
2. The worktable, BSC inner wall and window inner surface shall be wiped with 75% alcohol, chlorine containing disinfectant or other disinfectants suitable for special operation. After using chlorine containing disinfectant, wipe it with sterile water for the second time to remove residual chlorine and prevent it from corroding the stainless steel worktop.
3. The surface of containers and materials placed in the safety cabinet should be wiped with 75% ethanol to reduce the introduction of environmental bacteria into the safety cabinet.
Placement of articles in biosafety cabinet
1. A piece of absorbent towel with plastic substrate can be placed on the work surface of the safety cabinet.
2. All items shall be placed at the back of the worktable as close to the rear edge of the worktable as possible, and shall not block the rear grille during operation.
3. Biohazardous waste bags, trays containing waste straws, suction bottles and other large objects should be placed on one side of the BSC.
Operation of biosafety cabinet
Many operations completed in BSC can produce splashes or aerosols. Operators must have good microbial technology to reduce the potential threat of operators' exposure to infectious substances. The workflow should be from cleaning to pollution.
Measures to reduce cross contamination: Petri dishes or tissue culture plates should be covered to reduce the direct impact of downward airflow on them; The bottle cap or pipe cap should not be placed on the towel, but should be closed as soon as possible.
Suzhou Pharma Machinery Co.,Ltd.